Proposal for amendment of Recruitment Rules for the posts of Jr. Draughtsman (Civil) in the Civil Wing of the Department of Posts
Government of India
Ministry of Communications & IT
Department of Posts
Dark Bhawan, Sansad Marg,
New Delhi – 110001
Subject: Proposal for amendment of Recruitment Rules for the posts of Jr. Draughtsman (Civil) in the Civil Wing of the Department of Posts.
Shri D.V.N.S. Murthy filed on CA No. 523/2013 in the Hon’ble CAT, Hyderabad Bench, Hyderabad. Hon’ble CAT vide its order dated 20.10.2014 disposed off CA. with a direction to the respondents to modify/revise the Department of Posts Junior Engineer (Civil) in Civil Wing Rules, 1995 in respect of the post of Junior Draughtsman (Civil) in terms of OM No. B 14017/61.2006-Estt (RR) dated 24.03.2009 of DOPT of the Central Government by including the Multi Tasking Staff with ITI Draughtsman as feeder cadre to the above post and to consider the case of the applicant to the above said post and to conclude the entire exercise as early as possible but not beyond six months.
2. The case was examined in consultation of Ministry of Law & Justice and accordingly following amendments are proposed the post of the Jr. Draughtsman.
[I. GSR…….ln exercise of the powers conferred by the provision to Article 309 of the Constitution, the President hereby makes the following rules, to amend the Department of Post Junior Engineer (Civil) in Civil Wing Rules, 1995, namely:-
(1) These Rules may be called the Department of Post Junior Engineer (Civil) in Civil Wing Amendments Rules, 2015.
(2) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in Official Gazette.
2. In the Schedule to the Department of Post Junior Engineer (Civil) in Civil Wing, rules, 1995 against the post of Junior Draughtsman (Civil).
(a) In Column 11 for the entries against the sub heading (ii), the following entries shall be substituted namely:
“10% by promotion from the Multi Tasking Staff of Civil Wing”
(b) In Column 12, for the entries against the sub heading promotion, the following entries shall be substituted, namely:-
“From amongst the Multi Tasking Staff of Civil Wing‘ who have passed Matriculation examination or equivalent with certificate or Diploma in Draftsman (Civil) of two years duration course from a recognized institute and having ten years of regular service in the Civil Wing of the Department”]
3. In accordance with DOP&T OM NO. AB-14017/61/2008-Estt(RR) dated 13.10.2015, all stakeholders are requested to furnish their comments upto 07.02.2016 failing which it will construed that there is no objection to the draft amendments as stated above.
Superintending Engineer (P&A)
Authority : www.indiapost.gov.in