7th CPC News : Terms of Reference finalised by AIRF and NFIR
DRAFT TERMS OF REFERENCE 7th CPC
Finalized by the Staff Side at the meeting of 25.10.2013
A. To examine the existing structure of pay, allowances and other benefits/facilities, retirement benefits like Pension, Gratuity, other terminal benefits etc. to the following categories of employees.
1. Central Government employees – industrial and non industrial;
2. Personnel belonging to All India services;
3. Personnel belonging to the Defence Forces;
4. Personnel called ss Grameen Dak Sewalrs belonging to the Postal Department;
5. Personnel of Union Territories;
6. Officers and employees of the Indian Audit and Accounts Department;
7. Officers and employees of the Supreme Court;
8. Members of Regulatory bodies (excluding RBI) set up under Act of Parliament.
B. To work out the comprehensive revised pay packet for the categories of Central Government Employees mentioned (A) above as on 1.1.2014.
C. The Commission will determine the pay structure, benefits facilities, retirement benefits etc. taking into account the need to provide minimum wage with reference to the recommendation of the 15th Indian Labour Conference (1957) and the subsequent judicial pronouncement of the honorable Supreme Court there-on, as on 1.1.2014.
D. To determine the Interim Relief needed to be sanctioned immediately to the Central Government employees and Pensioners mentioned in (A) above;
E. To determine the percentage of Dearness allowance/Dearness Relief immediately to be mergedwith Pay and pension
F. To settle the anomalies raised in various fora of JCM.
G. To work out the improvements needed to the existing retirement benefits, like pension; death cum retirement gratuity, family pension and other terminal or recurring benefits maintaining parity amongst past, present and future pensioners and family pensioners including those who entered service on or after 1.1.2004.
H. To recommend methods for providing cashless/hassle-free Medicare facilities to the employees and Pensioners including Postal pensioners.